No?
Damn. I read somewhere that I'm supposed to begin every post by trying to connect with the reader on a personal level, but perhaps I was too vague. OK, more specifically...
Have you ever watched a movie that you hadn't seen since you were a kid, and all of a sudden some memory or experience from your childhood suddenly makes sense?
Kinda? No??
Crap. Alright how 'bout...
Have you ever watched Flashdance this past weekend and remembered the time you were 7 years old and eating spaghetti with butter and wiped it all over your face to look more sexy like Jennifer Beals when she was eating lobster all sensual and messy-like on her date with that guy, and then pulled the neck of your sweater down on one side to reveal your shoulder because Jennifer Beals did that in the movie and she looked super pretty, and then took your foot under the dinner table and pressed it against your dad's balls because Jennifer Beals' date really liked that in the movie?
Yeah? Great. I knew you'd come around.
So I'm watching Flashdance this past weekend and I'm getting a little pissed, you know? Because all of a sudden some pieces of the puzzle that is me are falling into place. Like, thanks to Jennifer Beals, I can't strip worth shit. I mean, the movie DID teach a 7 year old me that stripping did NOT mean tearing your clothes off in neat vertical strips, and thank God for that because that kind of stripping is more time consuming than you'd imagine, especially since you have to prep your shirt with discreet little starter incisions around the neck. But come on, Jennifer Beals running around under a strobe light in a red business suit with her face painted white like a mime is NOT sexy. Such a bad role model for the kids.
Then there's the scene where they're working out at the gym and the one black dancer says to the other white girls, "I'm glad I ain't no honky bitch!" and suddenly the mystery of how my favorite white stuffed animal cat from childhood came to be named Honky Cracker. (Much thanks to Richard Pryor for the inspiration behind the surname.)
Then, alright, there's a scene where she's out to dinner with her date, and her face is all lobstery and buttery, and she takes off her shoe and stretches her foot out under the table and tickles her date's crotch. He's like Whoa! with surprise and pleasure and I remember thinking AHA! Boys must have an extra tickle spot, like an armpit between their legs! I gotta try that trick someday! and about a week later I violated my dad's balls with my foot under the dinner table and he looked at me exactly like you would imagine a man would look at his daughter who had just tickled his nuts. A very very bad face.
So in order to prevent any of you who were thinking of attempting the same trick after watching the liar bullshit movie Flashdance, here are some tips so that you may learn from my mistakes and never experience the horror that is knowing what your dad's scrotum feels like through his jeans:
Step 1) Choose a man who is not your dad. This is the key to a successful sub-table foot jay. Remember that. Don't Tickle Your Dad's Balls. DTYDB. If you think you might not remember that, do what I do when I have to remember something important, which is to create a mnemonic device, like "Dizzy Tits Yowza Diggety Booya." That should help.
Step 2) Some foods are sexy-looking when dripping out of one's mouth. Lobster with butter? Sexy. Peanut Butter Sandwich chewed into a puree and oozing out of one's mouth and off one's chin and onto the table. Not sexy. See how that works?
Strawberries? Yes. Fish sticks? No.
Step 3) Once you've got your non-related nut-ticklee and your sexy food items all set up, it's go time! I never actually got this far on account of my dad's angry iron fist pinning my foot down to the seat cushion and then flinging it aside with the GAH!!! heard round the world, but I imagine that gentle toe coochie-coos probably work better than playful thwak thwak thwaks of the pad of your foot against his crotch. Again though, just speculation. I never even got to first foot base. My dad was such a prude, and frankly kind of anti practically everything, like incestuous patriphilia and reverse molestation, but that's the older generation for you. HAHAHA!!! Sigh. Bless their hearts.


55 comments:
So. Incest ball tickling - NO. Fish Sticks - NO. Red lights - NO. Cutting up shirts - YES!
Got it!
I'm making wrist bands to sell - DTYDB. Think $2.50 is too much?
Dizzy Tits Yowza Diggety Booya? You have just raised the stakes in this deadly game of cat and mouse we are playing. Touché.
Also, When I gave my Dad a sub-table foot jay he didn't seem to mind so much. I think he thought I was the dog though.
I'm thinking maybe an N should be added between the D & the T in DTYDB. Just in case someone gets confused and thinks it means DO tickle your dad's balls instead of Don't.
You just have to be careful with some people, you know. They might even blame you for it later. It happens. My dad lives 1200 miles away, so I'm good.
Great...I thought you said DO tickle your Dad's balls with your foot...my Dad will never talk to me again now...
You can never wash off the stink of your dad's crotch-sack from your foot. Ever.
I loved this post! Soooo funny. and the comments were great too! Thanks for my first laugh of the day!
I've never seen Flashdance and I'm glad your blog is visible again. I was having weird heart palpitations.
I can't even imagine rubbing anyone's balls. Wouldn't that hurt them?
"playful thwak thwak thwaks" caused the Bwahahahaha heard AT LEAST 'round the neighborhood.
I'm still a little unclear on why you're dad is such a stick in the mud, but at least his prudishness is good for comedy!
who *haven't* you molested as a child? geez!
Ha! You gave your dad a foot job at 7.
If it makes you feel any better, I once asked my dad when I was around that age why he had "onions" between his legs. Yup. Before you all go thinking "What the hell situation were YOU in where your dad's 'onions' were right there in your face?", he slept naked and I caught him sneaking into the bathroom for a pee, butt naked.
You're right, yours is worse.
I once stuck my tongue in my Mom's mouth. I thought that's what you do when you're really grateful for something. I mean, I LOVED my new sled.
You are so fuh-reaking hilarious.
Ho.Lee.Hell. This was funny. Co- workers are looking at me like WTF is wrong with her now?
i once saw my dad's business. because he was peeing with the door open. WHO DOES THAT? i feel better now.
i'm going to add a "hellz yes!" to ms. misscheif's comment.
Jules: Whatever those Livestrong ones go for, triple it. It's THAT important.
Kurt: That's funny, because when I gave my dog a sub-table foot jay he thought it was your dad. That was way funnier before I typed it.
OWO: You're my new legal advisor. Ok, stick a Nutterbutter in there. twss.
Organic M: Yes he will. Trust me, he's playing coy, but he'll be back for more.
Mandy: It's true. It's the stank of shame that stays forever.
Eva: My comment box is the best, agreed.
Erin: Furious vigorous rubbing, yes. Gentle cradling, no. Give it a go and get back to me. (And yes, remember I mentioned blog issues? Well. Yeah.)
Ok y'all there's smoke and noxious fumes coming from my basement. I feel dizzy. I'll be back in a bit.
Quite possibly the funnist thing I've read in ever. Sadly, this means that I am forced to stop reading your blog until I can get this urinary incontinence thing worked out. I could maybe just staple a mattress pad protector to my chair, but that won't help me when I get up to walk to the soda machine, now will it?
In contrast, we had to beg my dad to start wearing nightshirts around the house in the morning instead of just a wifebeater because no one wanted to see his onions.
You totally lost me at "choose a man who is not your dad."
Whew! That just avoided an awkward Thanksgiving moment. Thanks!
Mona: I'm pretty sure my dad wore a purity cock ring. *Goes to dry heave a bit*
Justy: Come on now. Is there anything sexier than dad balls? What if the dad is young and sexy? A DILF.
Chiefy: I know. The weirdest part is that nobody ever molested me or anything, so it's not like I was passing it on. I just made it all up on my own. Kind of like a prodigy.
Sally: *Attempted* foot job. Like if it were real rape, it would be the equivalent of waving your cock menacingly around the area, or going for the insert and being thwacked away before anything good happened. I mean bad.
Veggie: Onions makes sense. Because when they're in your eyes they make you cry a little.
Hiphop: Holy shit you frenched your mom? I love that. Why am I a little jealous?
KC: How the heck is it that I was on your blog yesterday and now you're here? Weird. And thank you!
Beckalecka: I do. With the door open. But you can't see any of my business on account of my lap napping. So it's ok.
Brklyn: Hello again!! Don't you wish they made tampons for your urethra? No. Nonono. Typing that made my pee hole angry.
Soda: Onions again. Now I'm thinking of peely balls.
Wanderlust: I'm so glad you're here! I lost you at STEP 1?? OK, choose a man who IS your dad then. Don't say I didn't warn you. Best case scenario, he won't appreciate it as much as a non-your dad.
Words x 3: Got it. DNRWWWBWMF. Dingy Nubbins Ripperton World War Won Began With Matthew Finkle. I'll totally remember now.
Cap: See me for any future questions regarding appropriate family etiquette. Like: Never Tune In Toyko your mom.
Where would I be without your words of wisdom? I should print this out, buy flashdance, and give to this to possible said future daughter at the decent age. Preferably when said future 'dad' is out of the room.
This was one of your funniest post yet. I do love me some Flashdance.
Dammit, I could have used this post yesterday.
This is wrong in pretty much every which way. Congratulations!
Awkward! But funny as hell.
Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha!
You destroy my eye make-up. *shakes fist*
Superb. I pray to God my Daughter never trys anything like that with my love spuds. In actual fact, I don't think I'll ever eat dinner in the same room as her now.
You kill me, lady.
"DTYDB" is SO my new battle cry.
So why aren't fish sticks sexy?
I'm combining the 'scene' of the Daddy-footjob with that Richard Pryor skit in my head. I'm seeing Richard Pryor flinging your foot aside and saying "DEAAAAD honky". Only you can so gracefully blend Richard Pryor, Flashdance, and parent molestation into one post. Love it.
I just laughed at this for 45 minutes !!! Amazing.
You know, it's really sweet/thoughtful how you respond to everyone's comments.
But I was wondering if this no ball tickling rule applies to family members outside of dad? My Uncle Eddie (who lives in the basement) always seems soooo appreciative...?
I will never be able to look at an armpit the same way again.
Well that totally explains why my boyfriends have looked so uncomfortable when I stripped for them. I never watched Flashdance.
I had the same fascination with footloose. I remember it like it was yesterday... going to the abandoned warehouse, cranking up my radio and watching my body double dance. He was really good.
This post reminded me of the time me and my Grampa took a bath together and he taught me how to "shine the shoes" with a warm, soapy washcloth.
I miss my Grampa.
You're words are so disturbing. In a really beautiful way. I think I feel myself falling...
"Purity cock ring". Really? Really, you made me picture that on your dad??
I need brain bleach, stat.
Your picture, on the other hand, is stunning. Your head is so petite, and your legs so spidery, like if you stood up you'd walk like a daddy long legs after a devastating nuclear accident.
I have no idea what I'm saying at this point. Carry on.
I seriously just guffawed reading this.
And I'm not 100% sure I know what guffaw means...
I have always loved Flashdance. I think it might be ruined for me now. Thanks. Thanks a lot.
This is a very important blog. I'm reading it to my kids tonight before bed.
I am SOOO glad I didn't see Flashdance until I was 13 years old and vaguely understood what was between a man's legs and that I should never ever put my foot there unless I am a sexy half-stripper (hello, she kept her shirt on when she danced..wtf?) who wears halter top tuxedo shirts.
Can't . . . breathe . . . giggling . . . too . . . hard . . .
Haha. You just cracked open your electra complex. Nyahaha.
My mom's been married three times. I'm just going to go out on a limb here and assume that none of my mother's husband's balls are acceptable in this little experiment. Did I get it? Right?!?
This is too much. I now love you.
My Dad passed away when I was six, but when I was like, four, I was going into the bathroom to find my mom, and he happened to open the door not knowing I was there, and his penis was *right* in front of my eyes, which resulted in some kind of repressed memory because:
I was soooooo scared of penises when it came time to start playing around with boyparts, because I thought they were GIGANTIC, and I feared for my tender girlparts.
Obvs, I discovered there was no need for apprehension.
Another life let down, brought on by flawed perception.
haha!! This is killing me!
I once, while watching my dad assemble something with a screwdriver, asked if I could help. "I can screw REAL GOOD!" I eagerly assured him. I was 11. Awesome.
Laughing so hard, I am crying... tears of hilarious streaming down my face... lmfao!
I think you might just be the funniest person ever. I'm going to go ahead and follow you, so I will expect this every time.
:)
No pressure.
crazy idea i know but how do u think credit cruch affected porn?
How do you think credit crunch affected porn?
Pretty nice place you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.
Oh, holy fuck. Thanks for writing this and linking to it from your post. I cannot explain to you how important it is to me that I laughed this morning.
I can't stop picturing this scene. And then bursting out into laughter. AWESOME.
I'm dying. This is beyond wrong and hilarious.
I'm a new huge huge fan who has had nothing better to do (at work) and has read every post.
Holy fun, this post was the most hilarious thing I've ever read in my life.
I only know one person who can make me laugh so hard I almost vomit and that's my best friend, but I'm telling you, I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe, and then almost vomited.
Post a Comment